Sunday, March 16, 2014

With the show date right around the corner I don't think I ever really take breaks from thinking about my thesis work, but I guess you can say I take little side project breaks (if you consider that a break at all). This is a chill piece that I'm thinking about submitting to my school's annual fund raiser Art Unleashed.  Sometimes I feel a little awkward making work for shows like this because I never know what kind of audience to expect. However, at the end of the day I'd like to be able to say that I make statement pieces for statement making kind of people. Fun fashion for wild people. Anyway's I whipped this up in a few hours after a week of deliberation, here is proof of why hoarding old fabric that you dyed just for fun with no purpose is never a bad idea!

(Unedited shots)

I'm still working on another piece for the show but I'll be sure to keep you posted if any changes come up.   : ) Art Unleashed  will take place here in Philadelphia 4/9-4/15, click the link to the left for the rest of the details.

No comments: