Saturday, March 8, 2014

Rencontre: The Creative Process

It has been a long journey but I have finally refreshed my Blogger page, I've been working on my senior thesis for the University of the Arts Craft & Material Studies show opening May 2, 2014. I will be featuring my work from the past & present, as well as inspirations that I feel inform my creative process. I'll be sharing bits and pieces of my adventure along the way with hopes that you can enjoy the in betweens as much as I do. Feel free to leave feedback or ask questions, and I will be sure to keep you updated.



Artist Statement

I make art for the body. My garments become extensions of the wearer depicting movement so that my work can be performed. Collaboration allows my work to become a shared vision, yielding to a transformative outcome. Creating transcendent experiences using the beauty of the body as my tool drives my current exploration.


The Blues, 2014

Hand dyed Silk Organza x Chiffon
Building on the forms
Progression...
A little ways to go... before the shoot!
Constructing the Headdress (featuring "Ebony Le' Fierce")
Oh, And Logan too..
Hooray for Fittings!
Photo shoot DAY!
(Technically still an unfinished Piece, but we only did detail shots so it was cool)
Behind the Scene instruction with my dancers...
Ken Yanoviak having Fun behind the lens
(Forced to be in this one)
and this one too...Ok Hali & Ken, we get it.....thanks...
Thats a RAP! Thanks to my lovely dancers/models 
Lindsay (left) Vanessa (right)
Also special thanks to my good friend Hali Maclaren who took all of these lovely shots :)

Edited Photo's coming soon!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I see my daughter's work and my eyes are all filled with tears. I just Blessed God for such a wonderful child. I am so proud of her work, and today I can say I'm most Blessed to have her as my child. Great work Keturah.

Love you Mom(Regina Ajavon Benson)

Coutureuh said...

Thanks mom, Haha it was awesome reading your comment! lol